Chechen interior ministry denies heavy casualties in shooting attacks


The Chechen Interior Ministry on Sunday denied reports that a series of shooting attacks had been made on federal military bases and Chechen police posts over the past 24 hours.


(19.09.2005)

"Reports saying that fire had been opened at several federal military bases and Chechen police posts over the past 24 hours, leaving about a dozen people dead and many more wounded, are untrue," the Chechen Interior Ministry's spokesman Ruslan Atsayev told Interfax.

Atsayev said one serviceman was killed, when an armored personnel carrier hit a mine during an engineer reconnaissance mission near the Meskert-Yurt village.

Von: 18 September 2005, http://www.interfax.ru

<<< zurück zu: News