Kambodscha: 23 Menschen in 7 Monaten durch Landminen getötet


Die Zahl der Todesopfer steigt: In den ersten sieben Monaten des Jahres 2016 wurden 23 Menschen in Kambodscha durch Landminen getötet. Nur 12 waren es im gleichen Zeitraum des Jahres 2015. Gleichzeitig sinkt die Zahl der Verletzten um 43 Prozent. (auf Englisch)


Mit explosiven Kriegsresten verseuchtes Gebiet © Paul James Hay / Handicap International

(21.08.2016)

PHNOM PENH, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- Twenty-three Cambodians were killed by landmines and unexploded ordnances (UXOs) during the first seven months of 2016, remarkably up from only 12 deaths over the same period last year, according to a government report on Sunday.

However, the number of people wounded or limb- amputated declined 43 percent to 36 during the January-July period this year from 63 over the same period last year, said the report from the Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority.

Some 50 accidents were recorded in the seven months of this year, representing a decrease of 11 percent compared to the same period a year earlier, it said.

"Sixty-six percent of the victims were men, 24 percent were boys, and the rest were women and girls," the report said.

Weiterlesen auf: http://en.gmw.cn/2016-08/21/content_21564925.htm

<<< zurück zu: News