Kambodscha: Unfälle mit Landminen gehen um 35 Prozent zurück


"Nur noch" 66 Menschen fielen in der ersten Hälfte 2015 den perfiden Waffen zum Opfer. Im gleichen Zeitraum 2014 waren es noch 101. (Auf Englisch)


Roeut Tong ist eine der vielen Überlebenden von Unfällen mit Landminen und Blindgängern - sie wird ihr Leben lang regelmäßig eine neue Prothese benötigen © Nicolas Axelrod / Handicap International

(04.08.2015)

Cambodia has reported 66 landmine casualties in the first six months of 2015, a decrease of 35 percent compared with 101 cases a year earlier, according to the latest official data on Tuesday.

From January to June this year, 11 people were killed, down from 14 deaths over the same period last year, said a report from the Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority.

A total of 55 others were either injured or amputated, down from 87.

"Some 91 percent of the victims were males," the report said.

Weiterlesen auf: http://english.sina.com/2015/0803/835554.html

<<< zurück zu: News