Three people, including two teenage boys, were killed by an explosion in Myanmar’s restive Rakhine state on Saturday, a police officer said.
Police were investigating if the mine had been laid intentionally or if the victims had accidentally struck unexploded ordnance leftover from a previous conflict, an officer told AFP.
“According to our initial information, it was a homemade mine,” the officer said, requesting anonymity.
“It exploded around 10:30am this morning in a field,” he said, adding that an elderly man and two boys aged 15 and 17 were killed by the blast.
A 13-year-old boy was hospitalised with injuries.
The north of Rakhine state is an impoverished area scarred by a brutal army crackdown on its Muslim Rohingya population.
Lesen Sie hier den Originalartikel